All program staff, including volunteers, who will have direct contact with minors must undergo background checks. Third parties are required to perform background checks and certify compliance with the Policy as a condition of utilizing University facilities.
UGA Programs Background Investigation:
- Download and complete the UGA Consent for Background Investigation form http://busfin.uga.edu/forms/bi_consent.pdf
- Submit your completed background form through your unit’s HR Business Representative. If you do not know your unit’s HR rep or do not have one, you can submit directly to
The University of Georgia
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
215 S. Jackson Street
- Allow at least fourteen days for background investigations to be completed.
- If you have questions or need assistance with this process, contact UGA Human Resources by calling 706-542-7341.
Third Party Background Investigation:
Third parties using UGA facilities must ensure all of their program/activity staff are background checked. Background investigations shall include, at a minimum, the following checks:
- A state and federal criminal history check covering a minimum of seven (7) years.
- A nationwide sex offender search.
- A social security number check using the Form I-9 and the federal E-Verify system.
- An educational/academic credentials check for exempt positions including executive, administrative, professional, contract, and academic positions.
- A credit check for positions that have access to financial resources such as handling money, checks, purchasing cards, etc.
If any third party organizations have questions about the background check requirements, please contact:
Jim Geiser, email@example.com, 706-542-7341 (w)