1. Why was this Policy created?
This Policy updates current guidelines and procedures and aligns with the requirements of the University System of Georgia Board of Regents Policy 12.9. The Policy also reflects the University’s ongoing commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for minors.
2. What is the effective date?
The Policy was updated on February 10, 2021. It originally came into effect May 1, 2017.
3. As a potential Program Administrator, how do I get started?
First, discuss the potential program/activity with your Department Head/Dean/Vice-President/Director. After you’ve received initial approval to proceed, additional resources, including a checklist on how to comply with the Policy can be found under the “Resources” tab at: programsforminors.uga.edu. Please work closely with your department/unit administration throughout the planning process.
4. Will implementation of the Policy require additional staff responsibility or administrative resources?
No, it should not. The Policy builds on work already in place at the University. It is intended to enhance safety and provide additional support and resources—not create barriers. Sample forms and additional resources to facilitate compliance can be found under the “Resources” tab at: programsforminors.uga.edu.
5. Who should I contact if I still have questions about this Policy or procedures?
After checking the resource page and FAQs for your issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Brian Stone at 706-542-7255.